15th Annual Blue Ribbon Awards
Join the celebration of the most deserving South Shore businesses, non-profits and individuals for the 15th Annual Blue Ribbon Awards! Reception begins at 4:30pm and the awards presentation will also be streamed live on Zoom on January 26th at 5:30 PM. Register in advance to get direct access to the awards ceremony or join us in-person at the ceremony. (tickets available soon)
“The Blue Ribbon Awards honors excellence in business on the South Shore by celebrating the richness and diversity of those businesses,” said Frank Gerdeman, Tahoe Chamber Board Chair. “While we advocate for and support local businesses throughout the year, we enjoy taking this opportunity to gather and appreciate those businesses who have gone above and beyond."
The awards program carries on a yearly tradition to recognize Tahoe Chamber members that have gone above and beyond in their commitment to uplifting our local community. This year, the finalists were selected by the Tahoe Chamber Board of Directors in an effort to expedite the process and keep the awards event schedule on track.
The 2023 award categories and finalists are (in alphabetical order):
New Business of the Year
- Maggie’s Restaurant at Desolation Hotel
- Pine Nut Cycle Café
- Tahoe Family Hearing Clinic
Customer Service of the Year
- Alyson Borawski, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
- Denise Rury, Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
- Karla Brennan, The Cork & More
Public Service Agency
- City of South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Community College
- South Shore Transportation Management Association
Excellence in Business
- Café Fiore
- Cold Water Brewery and Grill
- MacDuff’s Public House
Entrepreneur of the Year
- Marissa Fox, Partner at Scale LLP
- South Lake Brewing Company
Volunteer of the Year
- Andrea Drew, Drew Consulting, Inc.
- Beth Wallace, Bread & Broth
- Brandi Brown, Tahoe Production House
- Anderson’s Bicycle Rentals
- Flatstick Pub
- Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA)
- Bread & Broth
- Lake Link
- St Joseph’s Community Land Trust
A special award designated by the Chairperson will also be announced at the event.
As a consideration for the health and wellness of our community, the event will be livestreamed via Zoom to those who register online. The awards ceremony will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
The Tahoe Chamber would like to thank the sponsors of the 15th annual Blue Ribbon Awards; Barton Health, Bally’s Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, South Tahoe Refuse, South Tahoe Association of Realtors, Tahoe Beach Club and Vail Resorts.